How to Get Started
You may be eligible for home health care services under these situations:
1. A homebound criterion is usually required.
2. The patient is under the care of a physician who manages and authorizes the need for services.
3. The patient requires the skilled services of a registered nurse, physical therapist and/or speech therapist.
Qualify for Home Care Service
In order to qualify for Medicare home health services, there are five basic requirements:
1. Your physician must determine that you need home health care services.
2. Your physician must write the orders for home health services and oversee your care.
3. You must need skilled services provided by a nurse or therapist.
4. Your physician must determine that you are homebound, requiring considerable effort and help to leave home.
5. The services you need are only required for a part-time, or intermittent, basis.
Who Pays for Home Healthcare?
If you are Medicare-eligible and qualified for care, there is no out-of-pocket cost to you. Home care can also be paid for by many private insurances or a variety of public programs.
These services can be paid for directly by insurance, community entitlement programs, or the patient and his or her family. Insurance companies have varying eligibility and payment policies. We are always willing to help you explore payment options. Because benefits and requirements can vary, we can help you check with payers about your specific benefits, even before beginning services, so you can have this information at the start of care.
1. Medicare pays 100% of the cost for home healthcare for individuals 65 years of age or over or permanently disabled.
2. Private insurance will pay for home healthcare. Benefits vary with each policy, and verification of benefits is required.
3. Medicaid pays 100%. Pre-authorization is required.
4. Workers Compensation insurance.
5. Private pay.
It is the policy of Aspen Home Health Agency to treat all individuals in need of care without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, physical handicap, or national origin. Aspen Home Health Agency offers the finest professional care and services on an individual basis, providing care for patients going home from the hospital or recovering from an extended illness. We accept referrals from physicians, family, friends, hospitals, or from you personally.